ok this is my way how i make my recent drawings. don’t be disappointed when you expected some kind of tutorial
or magic tricks. it isn’t one!
1. step: find a good screenshot or photo
2. make the sketch on normal paper until it looks fine. it doesn’t have to be super detailed. only the proportions have to look good.
3. now i use Copic paper. it’s really thin, so when i put the paper with the sketch below it i can see the sketch through it. i use colored pencils for coloring certain parts (for example: hair, or parts of clothes)
4. now i draw a random splash with watercolors on watercolor paper. i use salt + straws for texture and effects and let it dry and scan it. (i usually do this step before i start drawing the real drawing, so the paint can dry while i draw) why i don’t draw with watercolors on the actual drawing? as i said the paper is too thin. i tried it once and it ruined it (the paper AND the drawing because it washed it away)
5. this is the only part i do digital. after i scanned the finished drawing (and cleaned it up) i put the scanned watercolor splash above the drawing and erase the parts where no paint should be.